Student Conference and Travel Funding Request Form
UWSA Conference funding aims to support students needing funding to bear a part of the expenses for attending conferences relevant to their academic studies and research at the University of Winnipeg. These funds are available for both undergraduate and graduate students. The funds can be used towards the cost of travel, accommodation, or other costs associated with attending an academic conference, a field course, practicums, or academic activities.
Please fill out this form for funding before or on the 15th of each month to receive funding for the following month. Example: Your travel or student conference is on February 16th you would need to fill out this form before January 15th.
Head to our page to fill out the funding form: theuwsa.ca/confernecetravel-fund
- The applicant must be a current student at the University of Winnipeg and a current UWSA member;
- The conference must be academic in nature and in the applicant’s field of study or research at the University of Winnipeg;
- The applicant has a current minimum GPA of 2.0 or above;
- Any other applicable criteria in the UWSA policy and by-laws.
Criteria for non-academic conferences:
- The conference is meant for students and scholars only;
- Attendance at the conference is considered competitive and would add value to the students’ study and research;
- The applicant will be a direct participant (presenting, speaking, etc.) in the conference;
- Must attach a letter explaining how the conference meets these criteria. However, preference will be given to academic conference participants.