UWSA Election Reforms Approved
On Wednesday, January 18, the Board of Director Meeting occurred. One of the agenda items was to review the UWSA Elections Reform Proposal. The UWSA Board of Directors has decided to approve the proposal.
You can read the full changes here: UWSA Election Reforms Package January 2023
The major Election rule changes are:
- Election Cycle:
- The Election will be a 6-week cycle from a 5-week cycle. (Two Nomination weeks, two All Candidates’ Training and Preparation weeks, one Campaign Week, and one Voting Week.)
- Removal of the All Candidates Meeting.
- One-day mandatory training session.
- Election Management:
- Removal and relocation of Election Campaign Faciliatatoes (ECFs) duties to General Manager.
- Election Accountability Board (EAB) membership change. EAB will consist of the Chief Operation Officer (COO), the Chair of the Board, and one UWSA Staff Member as selected by the COO.
- Campaign Material and Preparation:
- Candidates can design and create any of their campaign materials (print and digital). The UWSA Communications Team is available to assist upon request and availability.
- Campaign Expenses Budget:
- Uncontested, non-executive directorship shall have $50 per position.
- Contested, non-executive directorship shall have $100 per position.
- Executive directorship shall have $100 per position.
- Referenda sides shall have $150.
- Terms of Office:
- Removal of two-year terms for Executive Directors.
- This means two (2) or more candidates who are members of a single campaign, each running for a different position.
- Executive Candidates who want to register with a slate must notify the CEC and General Manager via email or in writing before 4PM on Thursday of Week 3.
- Slates can only include Executive Directorship candidates.