Quarantine Coverage for Fully Vaccinated Travellers who Test Positive for Covid-19
In light of the ongoing vaccine rollout, Green Sheild Canada is extending some of the other benefits of our standard travel plans from August 1, 2021, to December 31, 2021, to cover expenses incurred by Fully Vaccinated Travellers who test positive for COVID-19 while travelling and are required to quarantine outside of their province of residence.
The following benefits, already included in Green Shield Canada’s standard travel plans, will now be accessible during a quarantine period for a covered Fully Vaccinated Traveller who tests positive for COVID-19 during their trip and is delayed in returning home:
- Meal and accommodation expenses of up to $150/day (to a maximum of $1,500) where quarantine is required outside of Canada (or within Canada and outside of a plan member’s province of residence) when they cannot board their pre-arranged transportation home;
- Medical expenses incurred during the quarantine period, including an extension of prescription medications and follow up COVID-19 tests;
- Additional expenses incurred for one-way economy fare to return home for the covered quarantined person(s) once they are cleared for travel; and
- Emergency medical expenses and the above quarantine expenses will continue to be eligible for up to 14 days in the event that the quarantine period causes a plan member to be away from their province of residence beyond the maximum number of days per trip covered by their plan.
If your out-of-country travel coverage is under a pure ASO funding arrangement or you have an out-of-country pooling limit, we are also extending these most recent COVID-19 coverage enhancements to your plan – the same approach that we took with the April 2021 enhancements.
To be eligible for this coverage, you must contact Green Shield Canada Travel Assistance (firstname.lastname@example.org) at the beginning of their quarantine period after receiving a positive COVID-19 test. To be considered for payment, all claims must include the following:
- Evidence of being a Fully Vaccinated Traveller
- Government-issued proof of vaccination document for those eligible to be vaccinated in Canada; or
- Medical evidence indicating that the individual has a condition to which COVID-19 vaccine is contraindicated;
- Proof of positive COVID-19 test at destination;
- Trip itinerary for all covered travellers identifying a destination, departure date, and planned return date; and
- Paid receipts for all eligible expenses.
Please contact email@example.com for any questions.