Steps on How to Access Food from Winnipeg Harvest
With the temporary UWSA Foodbank closure, all UW and community food bank clients need to rebook their appointments at a different location with Winnipeg Harvest. To ensure all Manitobans have access to food, Winnipeg Harvest has created a step by step on how to use emergency, temporary food support.
Step 1: Contact the Food Assistance Call Centre to book an appointment at your local food bank:
- Hours: Monday to Friday 9:15 a.m. – 3:15 p.m., Saturday 9:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
- Please have your Manitoba Health Card ready
- In Winnipeg:
- Phone: (204) 982 – 3660
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Outside Winnipeg:
- Phone: 1 (800) 970 – 5559
- Email: email@example.com
Step 2: Attend Your Appointment
- Bring your Manitoba Health Card to your local food bank, and bags or boxes to carry your food hamper.
- Read what you will receive below.
Step 3: Following your appointment
- Call or Email the Food Assistance Call Centre in Step 1 to book your appointment
What you will receive:
- One large, pre-packaged Food Hamper per registered address every 4 week.
Please read this document for more information: COVID-19-How to Access Food-20March20