U-Pass Opt-Out Forms Available
The U-Pass is a universal bus pass program where all full-time students pay a fee at the beginning of the term to access transit services for a highly reduced fare.
The U-Pass program is mandatory but students can decide to Opt-Out of the program if they fulfill any of the following criteria:
- A student who lives outside the City of Winnipeg boundaries
- A student who is registered with the Canadian National Institute for the Blind
- A student who is a Winnipeg Transit Employee
- A student who will be studying outside of Canada for more than sixty (60) days per term
- A student who will be participating in an internship, cooperative program, or research outside the City of Winnipeg boundaries for more than sixty (60) days per term.
- A student who holds a valid U-Pass from another post-secondary institution
- A student who is a registered Handi-Transit user
(Handi Transit users can use their U-Pass to access Handi Transit Services. This means Handi Transit users will be assessed the U-Pass fee each term they are full-time students. Handi Transit users do have the option to opt-out, as well.)
Forms can be found here.
Please drop off the completed forms at the Info Booth by September 16, 2019.
For more information, visit theuwsa.ca/u-pass, email email@example.com or visit the UWSA Info Booth.