Student Safety Tips: Safe Removal of Needles
September 11th, 2018
Needles should be disposed of it safely. However, discarded needles are sometimes found in public areas. Safe disposal saves yourself and others from getting hurt accidentally.
- Always use sharps disposal containers to dispose of needles safely. These containers can be found in the following washrooms:
– AxX Washrooms, both genders
– Bullman Center, both washrooms,
– RecPlex Main Floor Entrance, Accessible Washroom
- Don’t try to pick up and dispose needles if you see them and stay an arm’s length away. Some needles might be contaminated. Campus Security is trained to dispose needles safely. Call them at (204) 786-6666 and give them details of the location.
- Be careful when disposing feminine hygiene products and waste. Don’t put your hand inside waste receptacles.
- If you accidently get pricked by a needle, call security and go to the nearest emergency room for immediate medical attention.