What is the U-Pass?
- The U-Pass is a universal bus pass program where all full-time UW students pay a fee at the beginning of each term and receive an unlimited access bus pass for the Fall and Winter Term (September – April) at a subsidized rate.
How much is the U-Pass if reinstated?
- $212 per term.
How much do I save?
- Presently a 26% discount from the Post-Secondary Semester Pass. The U-Pass is structured as a 50% discount from the equivalent price of the cost of 4 Full Fare Monthly Bus Passes.
How long can I use the U-Pass for?
- The U-Pass is active each Fall and Winter Term from September – December / January – April.
Who gets the U-Pass?
- All full-time (9 credit hours or more in one term) UofW students will be automatically enrolled in the U-Pass program.
What if I don’t want the U-Pass?
- Eligible students who use Transit Plus or live outside the city limits may choose to Opt-Out of the U-Pass. Otherwise, the U-Pass fee is mandatory for full-time UWinnipeg Students.
What happens with the Transit Subsidy?
- The status of the Transit Subsidy for the 2022-23 academic year has not yet been confirmed more info will follow over the Spring and Summer.
What if I’m a part-time student?
- Part-time students are not eligible for the U-Pass program. However, part-time students will be able to purchase the post-secondary semester pass (presently $288/per term) or other post-secondary bus fare products.
What happens to the U-Pass if the majority of University of Winnipeg courses are not offered in-person to students?
- The UWSA will have the option to temporarily suspend the U-Pass Program commencing at the beginning of the next full Fall Term or Winter Term that is to start. As a result, students at the UofW will not be required to pay any new fees for the U-Pass program, and students will not have access to the U-Pass.
Why are we voting for the U-Pass?
Student ratification is required in order to reinstate the U-Pass program and related fees.