Being a part of a student group is a great way to get involved on your university campus. Joining a student group can help you connect with other students on campus that share similar interests. You can join an existing student group or start your own.
There are two kinds of student groups:
This group is comprised of a majority of current University of Winnipeg students. The group must not have any positions that are paid by an outside organization(s), or have consistent funding or support from external organizations or chapters with the exception of the University of Winnipeg and its academic departments or the Canadian Federation of Students.
Only Recognized Groups may apply for additional funding.
This group is comprised of University of Winnipeg students and non-University of Winnipeg students, including community members and members from external organizations or institutions. Affiliated Groups may have consistent funding or support from external organizations or chapters.
*All student groups must complete our online Positive Space training before being approved.
You can find the training here
The benefits of Recognized Groups and Affiliated Groups are as follows:
- Free space bookings through the UWSA Events Manager
- A yearly printing budget of $20 for Affiliated Groups and at least $20 for Recognized Groups
- Event discounts through the Events Department
- Social media promotion through UWSA media outlets
- Accounting services through the UWSA Business Manager
- The opportunity for Recognized Groups to make student group funding requests
For more information contact the Vice-President External Affairs, firstname.lastname@example.org or 204-786-9781.